Ahmed is a Partner of Andersen in Egypt and leads the Tax Service Line with more than 22 years of experience working with multinational firms.
During his career, Ahmed had several initiatives such as creating new service offerings due to changes in landscape of Egypt and popped up strategic valuable ideas including automation project for Egyptian Tax Authority. He was a member of the team introduced new legislations to Egyptian corporations. He led the team of tax optimization and planning within EY Egypt from 2015 till 2018. He was Andersen’s key person to observe transfer pricing guidelines of Egypt and Saudi Arabia.
Ahmed worked at Ernst and Young (EY) Egypt from July 2002 till April 2018 until leaving as an Associate Partner in Business Tax Services. Prior to joining EY Egypt, from 1997 till June 2002, he used to work with former Arthur Andersen in Egypt.
Ahmed is specialized in Egyptian taxation, providing direct and indirect tax services to multinational and local corporations as well as foreign joint ventures operating in Egypt. Ahmed has provided services to multi-industry clients including Trading, Insurance, Petroleum, Contracting, Manufacturing, Construction, Food & Beverage and Oil & Gas on their statutory obligations and relevant legislation.
Ahmed has gained extensive experience in a wide variety of taxation and international tax, social insurance, payroll outsourcing. In addition, he has wide experience in tax due diligence, curve out and mergers/demergers plus efficient tax structuring, acquisitions and valuations.
Ahmed has significant expertise in the following service offerings:
- Leading many tax optimization assignments to multinational corporations
- Advising multinational and local clients in identifying risk areas related to tax and providing effective alternatives to mitigate the risks
- Managing tax compliance reviews for multinational and local clients
- Advising on different forms of entities formation and structure
- Participating in various tax planning assignments, transfer pricing projects for different sectors
- Ahmed participated also as an instructor in several Tax seminars in Egypt and abroad and led technical tax training and webcasts in addition to tax due-diligence