- Bachelor of Accounting from Cairo University.
Senior Partner – Tax Service Line Leader
Khaled is a senior tax partner at Andersen in Egypt. He has 35 years of experience in compliance and tax practice, and he is a fellow of the Egyptian Tax Society.
Khaled provides tax and corporate advice to Egyptian and foreign groups in multiple industries, his expertise includes:
- Identifying risk areas related to tax and providing effective alternatives to mitigate the risks.
- Providing tax compliance reviews for multinational and local clients.
- Helping his customers find new and innovative tax solutions to meet their specific circumstances. This includes the preparation of projections on taxable income, research on various tax issues and the preparation of individual and commercial tax declarations.
- Providing financial due diligence, business, financial and economic plans.
- Offering clients corporate and tax support and periodical reporting packages (financials, monthly reconciliation, corporate income tax and VAT returns, daily tax consultancy).
- Providing ordinary/extraordinary tax consulting in M&A transactions.
- Drafting memoranda and opinions on tax law and litigation matters, in collaboration with the legal team.
Over the years, Khaled has obtained several favorable rulings from the Egyptian tax authorities, contributing to solving issues on the interpretation of specific provisions of tax legislation.
Prior to joining Andersen Egypt as a tax partner, Khaled worked at Ernst and Young (EY) Egypt from June 2002 till February 2020. He also worked at Arthur Andersen from May 1992 till May 2002.