- Bachelor of Accounting from Cairo University.
- He is a fellow in Egyptian society of taxation.
Partner – Tax
Khaled is a tax partner at Andersen in Egypt. He has 35 years of experience in compliance and tax practice, and he is a fellow in the Egyptian society of taxation.
Khaled provides tax and corporate advice to Egyptian and foreign groups in multiple industries, his expertise includes:
- Advising in identifying risk areas related to tax and providing effective alternatives to mitigate the risks.
- Providing tax compliance reviews for multinational and local clients.
- Helping his customers find new and innovative tax solutions to meet their specific circumstances. This includes the preparation of projections on taxable income, research on various tax issues and the preparation of individual and commercial tax declarations.
- Providing financial due diligence, business, financial and economic plans.
- Offering clients corporate and tax support and periodical reporting packages (financials, monthly reconciliation, corporate income tax and VAT returns, daily tax consultancy).
- Providing ordinary/extraordinary tax consulting in M&A transactions.
- Drafting memoranda and opinions on tax law and litigation matters, in collaboration with the legal team.
Over the years, Khaled has obtained several favorable rulings from the Italian tax authorities, contributing to solving issues on the interpretation of specific provisions of tax legislation.
Prior to joining Andersen Egypt as a tax partner, Khaled worked at Ernst and Young (EY) Egypt from June 2002 till February 2020.
Adept in providing expertise in evolving effective tax plans, managing Direct & Indirect Tax matters & ensuring timely assessment & filing of tax returns like Income Tax, withholding tax returns in compliance with Statutory Tax Acts as well as in coordination with the Tax Authorities. He also worked at Arthur Andersen from May 1992 till May 2002.